This ‘life instructions’ list from the Dalai Lama has All the traits of Great leadership for all walks of Life in it.
Because it speaks volumes to the mind and the heart and because it has got love in it, it’s a good primer to follow.
Always. Not just when in doubt about your decision making…
Here it is:
1.Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others,
- Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day. It will inspire you…
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer. Even in Politics.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your “home” is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past. Be Compassionate with your opponents.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth. Protect and conserve it’s ecosystems, resources, species and respect it’s people.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it, not by what you get.
19. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
20. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1) Be fearless.